Watermark RF Design
... realising ideas
Testing & Documentation
All products put into the market need to be tested and shown to comply with regulatory limits.
These tests usually need to cover the following,
When the required tests are done, the product can proudly bear the CE Mark (Europe) or FCC Mark (US).
- Conducted Emissions (Transmit spectrum, PSU emissions measured with a LISN and Spectrum Analyser)
- Conducted Susceptability (Receive Adjacent Channel, transients, IP3)
- Radiated Emmissions (Harmonics, Spurious emsissions, channel use)
- Radiated Susceptability (Does your product still work when being driven past an airport radar?)
- Electrostatic Discharge (Zap your idea with 8kV! Does it still work?)
- Dust and Water Ingress (IP rating)
- Safety (Sharp edges, drop test, etc.)
The product can then be delivered with a Certificate of Conformance.
RoHS 2 compliance requires datasheets of all components to be held on file to show chemical content of hazardous materials.